Friday, April 6, 2018

The Unnerving similarity of the Universe and our Brain

I am not an astrophysicist, or a certified science officer or a medical physician,  I do, however, love the science of space, and the mysteries of the human body.  While browsing the web I have come across a very disturbing group of pictures that seem to be depicting something bizarre, and amazing at the same time.

This is a picture of the the universe:
It's a picture of stars and gases with bits of blue dark matter, and the bright spots being suns and the small while spots being stars.


This is a picture of neurons firing in the human brain:
The bright spots here are the neurons firing with the current traveling to other neurons in a firing pattern. ( I could be wrong about the exact neurological pattern but whatever.)

Is it just me, or are these pictures too similar to be just a coincidence? I'm not even sure what the implications would be. (But it's really cool anyway)

Enjoy the rest of your day:
Scott Goerz